Jesus from A to Z is an award-winning alphabet book children and adults will cherish – a simple book of captivating stories and breathtaking oil paintings. The book allows you to share the stories of Jesus’ life with the children in your life, and reaches beyond the ordinary in its beauty and scope in a child-friendly manner.
Jesus from A to Z” has won nine national book awards, including:
• Mom’s Choice Awards – Two awards in the national Mom’s Choice Awards. A Gold Award for Best Children’s Picture Book/Religion and Spirituality, and another Gold Award for Children’s Picture Book/Distinctive Illustration.
• Catholic Press Association Awards – A First Place in the Small Publisher Division and a Second Place in the Children’s Book Division. “An exceptional book,” the judges said. “Here is an exquisitely told and illustrated story of Jesus and his message for all humanity. The simplicity of the language is elegant and the illustrations allow the words and message to leap into the heart of the reader.”
• Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards – Two awards in one of North America’s largest and most prestigious children’s literary awards competitions – the Jenkins Group’s Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards. A Gold Medal in the Religion/Spirituality Division, plus a Silver Medal in Alphabet/Counting.
• “Best Books” – Winner of the “Children’s Religious” category in the national “Best Books” awards competition, hosted by USA Book News.
• National Indie Excellence Award – Winner of the Children’s-Religion category. The awards competition is judged by an independent panel of experts from all aspects of the publishing industry.
• Nautilus Awards – Silver Medal in the Children’s Picture Books category. The Nautilus Awards recognize books that promote spiritual growth, conscious living and positive social change.
Jesus from A to Z has continued to receive press coverage from national publications, including:
• Pockets Magazine, published by The Upper Room in Nashville, Tenn. “The book presents the life, teachings, death and resurrection of Jesus in a way that will appeal to kids of all ages (and even adults).”
• Children’s Ministry Magazine, published by The Group in Loveland, Colo. “Adults and children alike love this beautifully illustrated book that shares the captivating stories of Jesus’ life by way of the alphabet.”
• The Denver Post, one of the nation’s large daily newspapers. “The hardback book is a series of short blocks of text, discussing topics from angels to Zaccheus, offering biographical sketches, parables, miracles and other short scenes from the three-year ministry that changed the world.”
In addition, author Kevin Graham has made a number of radio and television appearances, including among others:
• LeSEA Broadcasting Network’s “The Harvest Show,” a live national television morning show, produced out of South Bend, Ind. (Please see related video link.)
• Daystar Television Network’s “Celebration” show, produced out of Arvada, Colo.
• And on the Body Builders Television Network, based out of Interlachen, Fla.
• Explores the life of Jesus through stunningly beautiful illustrations, and concise, touching stories.
• Gives children a faithful introduction to Jesus, the kind and humble Son of God.
• Reaches beyond the ordinary in its beauty and scope to touch book lovers of all ages.
• Allows adult readers to expand on the stories of Jesus’ life, adding details and sharing the stories’ larger meaning with the young people in their lives.
• Brings a signature grace and artistry to the timeless wonders of the remarkable life of Jesus.
• 56 pages, featuring 28 oil paintings and 26 stories
• 12 inches by 9 inches (landscape layout)
• Hardback cover, $17.95
• ISBN: 978-0-9700323-1-7
About the Author
Kevin Graham is the author of ten books for young readers. Many of his books illuminate great accomplishments of people from around the world. One of those books is Kids Who Make a Difference, co-written with Gary Chandler, and part of publisher Henry Holt and Company’s Making a Better World series. In writing Jesus from A to Z, Graham enjoyed the challenge of succinctly capturing the fascinating stories of Jesus’ life that he heard many times growing up.
About the Illustrator
Jennifer Yoswa is a self-taught artist who began painting in 1999. Her original oil paintings have been exhibited in several Colorado galleries and collected throughout North America. The first book she illustrated is Morpha: A Rainforest Story. Jesus from A to Z is her second book.